As part of the wider works associated with Watford Riverwell (formerly known as Watford Health Campus), we will be undertaking highway improvement works at the Lower High Street and Dalton Way junction.
These works will improve the flow of traffic into the Dalton Way gyratory around B&Q from Lower High Street in both directions.
The works include: reducing the size of the traffic island to allow two lanes of traffic to turn right into Dalton Way; new signals; new zebra crossing; lighting; signage and re-surfacing of the road and footway.
The works will be a mixture of day and night working to minimise the impact on traffic locally and the wider road network.
The works will take eight weeks to complete overall and will start on the night of 2 January 2018 and complete on the 23 February 2018.
To minimise impact on the surrounding road network we will be undertaking significant parts of the work by using lane restrictions only. This means that, whilst the road will be restricted, it will be open to traffic for the majority of time. This is something we know is extremely important to local residents.
The two required road closures will be take place overnight, restricted to the hours of 10pm and 5am to minimise disruption to the local community and businesses.
The planned closure dates are:
- Lower High Street/Dalton Way: 2 – 5 January 2018 10pm to 5am (closure of Lower High Street from Dalton Way to Bushey Arches);
- Lower High Street: 5 – 21 February: 10pm to 5am (closure of Lower High Street from Dalton Way to Bushey Arches);
- Lower High Street: 22 – 23 February: 10pm to 5am (closure of Lower High Street north bound between Bushey Arches & Dalton Way) and
- Dalton Way: 22 – 23 February: 10pm to 5am (closure of Dalton Way from Lower High Street)
Diversions will be in place and clearly marked. Vehicles over 14’3” should use A4008, A41(S) & A411.
The closures will affect the sections of Lower High Street and Dalton Way as shown on the map below. The diversion routes are also identified. Residents might find the following helpful in conjunction with the below map:
- Travelling into Watford from Bushey / Pinner / Harrow – turn on to Eastbury Road (heading to Northwood) and take the right turn at the traffic lights to Deacon Hill / Wiggenhall Road. Join the ring road via Vicarage Road.
- Travelling into Watford from Northwood – turn off Eastbury Road at the Deacon Hill traffic lights and follow directions as above.
- Travelling from the M1 direction – use Beechen Grove to the ring road, take Vicarage Road and then Wiggenhall Road, Deacons Hill and Eastbury Road to Bushey Arches.
We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause but are sure that the long-term improvement to the local road network will be positive for you and the town overall.
If you should have any issues or questions, we can be contacted as follows:
24 hour emergency contact Tel: [07553 353381]